I think that it is safe to say I have found a hobby that I enjoy & fits my lifestyle. Don’t get me wrong, I get pretty pumped every time someone clicks that follow button, or I reach a new high of daily views, but I understand that this is something that is going to take time. A lot of time. & if I still have the same amount of viewers this time next year, that’s okay with me. I enjoy this little page, even though it’s not quite up to the par I want it at. I can’t stop if I want it to get there. I’ve come up with a list of goals to accomplish throughout 2015; I’m not sure if they’re completely reasonable at this point, but I think I’m prepared for the challenge. I don’t expect it to be easy, but I think the fact that I’ve even come up with a list of goals puts me in a better place to start off from.
1. Own my .com. Unless someone else owns the domain I have in mind, which I’m doubting considering my name spelling is AWESOME, I believe that this one is completely reasonable & hoping to have it purchased with my first paycheck from the new company. BEFORE 2015. (So what if it’s still 2014? I’m being proactive, okay?)
2. Install WordPress into a hosting platform. No, I am not 100% sure of what this means, but I know the steps that I have to take to get this process started & approximately how much it’ll be costing me. Again, hoping to have a head start on this, & have it perfectly set up to start off the .com with a bang at the very beginning of 2015.
3. One of my original ideas for my blog when I was first messing around with my wix account, was dedicating a page to Joey. He’s so awesome, he deserves it. Plus, he’s way better at networking, especially on instagram, so I think that we could both benefit from publicizing how freaking awesome he is at, lets face it: everything.
4. I would really like to be able to start scheduling my posts. I’m so sporadic, I post the minute something comes to mind. I’d love to be able to come up with a post every day, but some days I just enjoy sitting on the couch, loving on Netflix binges & Cheez-Itz. Who wants to hear about that? If I could stick my posts to the same 3 or 4 days a week, corresponding with a certain topic for each of those days, I think it would settle the “OMG it’s been 6 days since I’ve come up with a decent post!” anxiety.
5. Link ups & linky parties? I flat out, just don’t get it. My favorite blogs tell me to grab a button & join, but, what? Put the button where? Post it to my own blog or in a response to your post? That’s not weird considering you have no idea that I exist? This isn’t considered “crashing the party”? I want to learn how to take advantage of this invite, & obviously, where to put the freaking post.
6. Community. I’d love to have a little circle of blog friends; people to tell me what I’m doing wrong or what I’m doing right. What certain techniques or features I could benefit from, & basically the security. Sharing links & getting known in the blogging world. I’ve made a couple attempts of reaching out, & everywhere says not to be afraid to. Well, I’m scared okay? No one has reached back my way. I mean, no, I guess I didn’t try THAT hard, but still. I threw myself out there, & out here for that matter, & nothing but crickets.
7. I think that I would benefit from taking a blogging course or that getaway blog conference I’ve seen here & there on Pinterest. I am more so interested in the conference; it sounds kind of like it’d be a sorority group, except interesting & actually fun. Plus, I didn’t jump on that kind of opportunity when I was in college, why not extend my reach now? It’s not like I couldn’t use the socialization or the friends, whether they last beyond the couple of days or not.
These last three, I am not sure if they’re dreaming big, or not dreaming big enough, but yet again, I need to start somewhere, & if it’s not by adding them to my goal list, how do I put it in motion?
8. I would love to see my .com page hit over 100 daily views. Remember: these goals are for the entire course of 2015. I think that this is a pretty reasonable number, considering all of the successful blog stories I read about almost on a daily basis, but we will definitely see what 2015 has to offer.
9. Host a few ads. I know, ads are annoying, but c’mon now. EVERY professional looking website has at least 2 or 3 ads per page. I don’t want to load up my whole front page with obnoxious pop up click-out ads, or ones that inconveniently cover up my content (which I see quite often on some blogs, & I’m sorry, but if an ad is covering your stuff I’m clicking that little red X immediately. Fix it. Like, now!).
10. Sponsored posts. I’ve read a few sponsored posts, & I never would have been able to tell. I guess that’s the point though right? It sounds like an interesting challenge. I’m not sure how it works exactly, but it sounds like an assigned writing prompt, & if I’m already given the topic, it can’t be TOO hard, right?
What are some of your goals for 2015? Keep scrolling down, leave a comment & share!